|Object Name||Machine, Medical X-Ray|
"Victor No. 7 High Frequency Outfit" ultra-violet X-ray machine; the machine is housed within a tall rectangular oak wood cabinet; top of machine has 3 screw-down clamps for connecting wires; 1 brass ball on black cylindrical stand; has a 7" electric arcing wire on a 4" stand; front of machine has frequency changer dial, 2 on/off switches, and voltage regulation; right side of machine has 7 clamps which hold wooden rods and 3 glass tubes, which have mushroom-shaped ends, for use in ultra-violet treatments of patients; see Provenance and accession file for more information; in accession file is set of directions (photocopied).
From the exhibit "The Story of Littleton in 125 Objects": X-ray and ultraviolet ray machine used by a doctor/dentist on South Broadway until the machine was outlawed in the 1930s. Radiation was radiated in all directions and the machine was capable of producing an 8 inch spark and 200,000 volts of electricity.
|Caption||X-ray and Ultraviolet machine; c.1906|
|Makers mark||Victor Electric Co.|