|Object Name||Window, Leaded|
Leaded glass rectangular window; glass is composed of panes of amber translucent glass, with small diamond-shaped panels in amethyst-colored glass; at the top and bottom are amber-colored triangular-shaped glass pieces; wooden frame painted in green & white.
From the exhibit "The Story of Littleton in 125 Objects": Leaded glass window from the Montgomery House, located at 5996 South Curtice Street. The house was built by Mr. Cozens, Mr. Stewart, and Percy Keys for Elzie and Katie Montgomery. It was torn down in 1969 during Littleton's Urban Renewal Project to build Arapahoe Community College. The Montgomery family was one of the first families in the Littleton area; Edward Montgomery, father of Elzie, arrived in Denver in 1860, farmed with Richard S. Littlet in 1865, and brought the machinery for the Rough and Ready Flour Mill to Littleton from Omaha in 1867.
|Caption||Leaded glass window, green frame, amber and amethyst colored glass; c.1900|
Business, Littleton Lumber Co.