|Object Name||IRON, BRANDING|
Dark brown iron "B" shaped branding iron head; handle missing; bottom is an oblong piece with a long flat strip of iron curved into two identical sections; white paper label with handwriting in blue ink is adhered to side, describing where it was found.
From the exhibit "The Littleton Story in 125 Objects": Donated by the Bemis family, the attached label states "found on Judge Bemis' former property, now 5759 So. Bemis St." In 1884, Judge Bemis brought the first carload of registered Jersey cattle to Colorado.
|Caption||Part of branding iron found on Judge Bemis' property; date unknown|